Hello and thank you for taking the time to visit this page.
Like everyone, the older I get, the more I am aware of the devastating impact that cancer has on all of our lives - everyone is touched by it in some capacity at some point.
I have now sadly witnessed a number of people close to me battle with the disease. Thankfully some (including my mum and young nephew) have recovered (largely due to the excellent health service we have in the UK) and some are in the process of going into recovery. Others continue their fight and their strength and determination has shown me what the human mind and body is truly capable of achieving.
As many of you know, some of my dear friends have not been lucky enough to survive the disease and I feel the time has now come to try to achieve something positive in their memory.
Accordingly, I am planning to compete in the following events to raise funds to kick cancer's ass:
- Tough Mudder North London - Finsbury Park - April 15th
- MK Marathon Relay (my sisters and I will each run 1/4 marathon as a relay team) and the Mini Dooneys (plus Al) will run the superhero 1 mile run - 1 May
- Pretty Muddy, Welwyn - 27 May
- Welwyn 10k - Panshanger Park, 25 June
- London to Brighton Cycle Ride - 10 September
- Royal Parks Half Marathon - 8 October
All of these events are linked to slightly different charities so pls do donate to the charity or event you wish to support. THANK YOU!
More information about this event
Name: Royal Parks Half Marathon 2023
Date: 8th October 2023
Fundraising target: £300