The post holder will carry out all the administrative functions that support the pre-award and post-award stages, process applications, provide regular reports to colleagues and Trustees, assist the Finance team with grants audits and grants invoicing.
The post holder will also provide support to the Chairs of Board of Trustees, Grants and Scientific Advisory Committees and Committee members. They will also be responsible for liaising with the Chairs of the Finance & Investment and Fundraising, Marketing & Investment Committees regarding the organisation and minute taking of those meetings.
The purpose of the role is to provide research and coordination support together with support for BRUK’s formal meeting and governance structure. Specifically, you will be involved in all aspects of funding processes and the administration of research awards, via our CC Grant Tracker grants management system. You will provide administration and organisational support in all phases of the research funding process and work with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of research tasks. You will also be responsible for the organisation of the quarterly Board meeting, minute taking and distribution.
- Be the day-to-day contact for general enquiries and know where to whom they should be directed.
- Be the day-to-day contact for general research enquiries including the grant application process
- Support with the launch of new grant rounds including advertising in relevant journals and online, communications to past grant holders and identifying prospects (individual researchers and institutions)
- To manage the online grant application process. This will include reviewing applications and supporting documentation, preparing applications, data entry and the collation of scoring/feedback in advance of Grant Meetings
- Support the circulation of papers to the peer reviewers and receive their replies
- Support the CEO, Chairman of the Board of Trustees and the Chairs of the sub-committees to manage the quarterly meetings including liaising with Committee members, preparation and circulation of background papers minute taking and communication after the relevant meetings
- Support the Chair of the Scientific Advisory Committee to manage the Research Meetings (approximately 3 times per year) including liaising with Committee members, preparation and circulation of background papers and writing and circulation of minutes afterwards
- Liaise with our Finance and Operations colleagues on invoicing and payments
- Work with colleagues to ensure the research section of the website is regularly reviewed and updated
- Assist with dissemination of research results
- Provide administrative assistance to the CEO and the Trustee responsible for the charity’s governance activity as needed
- Produce regular reports to the Board of Trustees on research activities
- Support the development of the BRUK PhD & Alumni network
- Any other duties that can be reasonably expected within this role
To be considered for the Research Grants & Charity Administrator role, you will need:
- Administration experience and experience of maintaining accurate records.
- An organised, proactive, problem solving approach to your role.
- Excellent written skills and familiarity with minute taking.
- IT Literate with accurate data entry and intermediate / advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Ideally, you will have knowledge and working experience of CC Grant Tracker but this is not essential.
- Experience of coordinating meetings and taking minutes.
- An understanding of research funding mechanisms including peer review processes and management of research awards would be helpful but is not essential.
- Experience of disseminating information via social media and other channels.
- Experience of working with a wide range of audiences.
- Further education qualification in a relevant subject area or equivalent experience of working in a research or health environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure at busy times and to be able to prioritise your work when priorities change and there are tight deadlines.
You can read more about the role and apply via Charity Jobs: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/bowel-research-uk/research-grants-charity-administrator/849686?tsId=8
Alternatively please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: