Office and Events Administrator
Purpose of the role
The post holder will be key to the day to day organisation at BRUK; principally working with and responsible to the Office Manager, they will also provide support to the Chief Executive, Fundraising Manager and all BRUK staff as needed. They will assist the management of the charity’s growing database of supporters and office portals (Xero, Donorfy, PeopleHR) including the implementation of the charity’s new grants management system CCGrant Tracker.
This role will suit an individual with experience in fundraising events administration along with excellent time management skills and attention to detail. They will enjoy using digital communications, especially social media and email to keep in touch and enthuse our events fundraisers. They will be able to manage competing priorities across a variety of administrative functions and will be happy to work as part of a small but busy team.
The post holder will have knowledge and experience with key IT packages (Word, Excel and Outlook etc.) and be able and willing to learn others with which they may not be immediately familiar with (e.g. databases). They will possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
General office and fundraising
- Support & maintain effective and efficient office procedures and administrative systems on behalf of all areas
- Collect and send post and sort across the team
- Ensure that letters out are signed as appropriate
- Maintain a stock list for all stationery/leaflets/goblets/t-shirts etc. coordinating with team members on stock levels and reordering
- Contribute to general admin support for all events/meetings across all areas as required
- Transfer data from BRUK website, Just Giving etc. into Mailchimp and/or Donorfy as required
- Post any supporter requirements such as t–shirts, posters, flags and maintain a record
- Support the team in preparation for and at annual challenges and events
- Maintain the events fundraising database
- Keep in regular contact with individuals who are participating in fundraising events on behalf of the charity
The Give as You Earn programme
- Ensure that all donor information is uploaded to Mailchimp/Donorfy as appropriate
- Provide support for regular mailings – mail merging and fulfilling
- Liaise six monthly with GAYE agencies to ensure that they have the required stock levels and re-order as appropriate
- Ensure that the database (Donorfy) is kept up to date
- Add contact details from Big Bowel Survey or other donor recruitment activity to Mailchimp/Donorfy as appropriate
- Ensure adequate stock levels of stationery for mailings, build in time for review of key pieces such as response devices.
- Support mailing activity through mail merging, fulfilling and responding to donations and other responses (e.g. NFC)
The Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) programme
- Diary management and coordinate amongst internal and external people with regards to all PPI activities
- Manage PPI telephone and email enquiries as appropriate
- Oversee admin related patient travel reimbursement- Utilise financial systems to process purchase orders, expense claims
- Organise and manage as required visits and/or meetings and teleconferences, video-conferences or webinars across live PPI projects
- Support and contribute to meetings/focus groups as and when appropriate by booking venues, raising and distributing agendas, taking meeting notes, logging actions and/or following up other people’s actions, supporting patients re dietary requests and travel directions
- Organise lunches and light refreshments on the day for PPI meetings/focus groups
- Provide support for the Big Bowel Event, to include maintaining registrations, admin support for presenters and stall–holders, working with PPI Lead on table and seating plans, badges, proofing materials with PPI Lead, making delegate packs and organising all materials to go to the venue, raffle and our stand, supporting IT requirements on the day, supporting post event activity e.g. donations and feedback from the day.
- Support the Big Bowel Survey, in particular adding patients/volunteers to Donorfy
- Upload names and contact details on Donorfy/Mailchimp from website enquiries
- Support the day to day running of PPI within the office including ordering stationery, leaflets, business cards etc.
- Post all invoices to Xero and assist with preparation of payment runs for the Finance Manager and Finance & Investment committee’s approval. This may include reconciling statements and following up with issues.
- Prepare gift aid claims
- Collate and set up staff expenses, ensure that receipts reconcile with summary sheet for sign off
Volunteer Company Secretary
We are looking for a volunteer to take on the role of Company Secretary. The principle responsibility will be the arranging of the quarterly Board, Finance & Investment and Fundraising & Marketing Committees. This responsibility will involve the notification of meetings to Trustees and committee members, preparation of agendas, circulation of relevant papers and taking and producing minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken. Previous experience in a similar role is preferable and experience in minute taking essential.
BRUK aims to fund the best new ideas in scientific research across the UK, and invest in our future generation of bowel research experts through a dedicated PhD studentship programme and are actively fundraising for our research projects which cover the whole spectrum of bowel diseases including rare and advanced bowel cancers.
Our funding has enabled researchers to explore new avenues, coming up with evidence on how bowel cancer develops which is likely to revolutionise cancer screening in the future, and we’re supporting new exciting genetic research in this area.
This is an unpaid volunteer role but we will reimburse all necessary expenses incurred.
For further information, please contact our Office Manager Ruby Ali on firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: