How does the challenge work?
Before you start your 42,000 steps, here are our top 6 steps to complete your challenge successfully
Sign up for the challenge by completing the short registration form. We’ll be in touch soon to support you throughout your fundraising.
Decide on your personal fundraising target. This challenge has no fundraising target – you are free to raise as much as you can!
Create your fundraising page:
Once you have your fundraising page, share it far and wide. Tell all your friends, family and colleagues about the amazing thing you are doing and ask them to sponsor you.
Start your challenge! Track your progress using your smart phone. We recommend downloading Strava, a free mobile app available here.
Complete your challenge and get in touch to let us know. There is no time limit for you to complete your steps. We can’t wait to hear how you get on!
Are there any registration fees?
No – it is free to take part in the 42,000 Steps Challenge!
How can I sign up for the 42,000 Steps Challenge?
Do you have any fundraising tips?
The 42,000 Steps Challenge does not have a set fundraising target. Whether you can raise £50 or £500, you are free to raise as much as you’d like.
Our Fundraising Events Officer is also here to help with your fundraising, please email email@example.com if you need anything.
Can I purchase a T-shirt?
We’re pleased to offer all participants a Bowel Research UK T-shirt. Perfect to wear whilst completing your steps!
T-shirts will be available to purchase through our online shop soon.
How can I track my activity throughout the challenge?
We recommend using your phone to track your activity and keep track of how many steps you have completed.
Strava is a free mobile app that tracks activity.
You can also connect your Strava account to your JustGiving page to share your progress with your supporters!
Find out more: Connecting your Fundraising Page to Strava
Can you tell me more about Bowel Research UK?
Bowel Research UK funds the best research into bowel cancer and bowel diseases across the UK. By funding cutting edge research and investing in the brightest and best clinical and laboratory researchers, we’re saving lives and improving people’s quality of life.
So far, we have invested over £9 million directly into research projects tackling bowel cancer and bowel disease. With your support we can do much more.
- 1M people live with a serious bowel condition.
- Bowel Cancer – 42,000 new cases diagnosed each year
- it’s the 2nd largest cause of cancer deaths (behind lung cancer)
- it’s treatable and curable especially if diagnosed in the earliest stage
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis): up to 300,000 sufferers in the UK from these conditions
- IBD is primarily a disease of the young (mostly diagnosed between at 10-35 years of age)
- Causes of both these diseases are at present unknown and there is currently no cure.
Every mile you walk, and every penny you raise will help us end bowel cancer and bowel disease.
Download the 42000 Steps Fundraising Pack for more facts about Bowel Research UK.
How will the money raised make a difference?
Taking part could change the future for those living with bowel cancer and bowel disease.
- £100 could help to buy essential equipment for our research laboratories (i.e. essential chemicals, test tubes/Plasticware, etc.)
- £500 could help in supporting one of our awareness campaigns about the importance of early diagnosis of bowel cancer
- £1,000 could help to support a PhD student whose work could lead to major new clinical trials and better treatments
Still have a question?
We are happy to chat! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information about the 42,000 Steps Challenge.
Share this page: